Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Olni Dance 2nd Dance Class

Always remember:
You will live
You will love
and you will dance again!!!

So I missed dance class for my Olni training. However I was given an assignment to make it up. So I will post my assignment here for you all to read!
The first question asked in class is why do we dance? Everyone had beautiful answers about pleasing the free, and filling a need within themselves. These are all correct; in fact I don’t even think there is a wrong answer to this question. When I think about dance, and the reasons behind it I can only think about my soul. When I hear the music, and feel intense emotions, the only way to express to these feelings is through my dancing. I get lost in another world, lifted to a higher place and then when I move, I try to express my dancing as best as I possibly can, and hope that the words do come out to make everyone who watches me, feel what I am feeling. Dance is a part of me, and I am a part of dance.
The second question asked in class, were about the different types of dances. You first have your impromptu dancing, which is what I call on the spot dancing. You do not have time to pre-write a dance, edit it, and make sure the flow is good. All you have, is the area you are told to dance, what is around you, and fast fingers to produce short but elegant posts as best you can right then and there to please the free. Most impromptu dances are in taverns, or in private homes of Masters.
Then you have your exhibition dancing. This is good practice, because you have a chance to prepare a dance, edit it the words, make sure your flow is graceful, and elegant. You can perform these dances for ceremonies, events, or just to show something you have created. These dances are not judged, just viewed for the enjoyment of the dance itself. Take the time to use your exhibition dance to find any flaws in performance before using it for a chance to compete. Then lastly you have your competition dancing. This is a dance that you have pre-written, edited, matched with music, and dance animations, and are ready to use to compete against other dances, for prizes. These dances are elegant, and perfectly edited so that the flow of the dance, the sound of the music, and your animations come together as one. You want the transition of what you are feeling and saying to fully be felt and heard by the audience.
At competitions you will meet petty girls. Girls who are insecure with whom they are. Some girls who feel they are better than you, especially if you are a new dancer. They will mock you, be rude to you, and try to make you feel inferior to them, in order to slip you up in your dance. You just need to know that they are just trying to scare you. Just shrug it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment