Saturday, September 17, 2011

How I became known as fire crotch





I was sitting in the hair salon yesterday, getting my hair turned back to blonde. I started to think about my life, as we talked about how long my hair had been dyed. I had red hair, of many shades of red since I was in 6th grade. I had attempted to go back blonde on my own a few years back, but we didn’t do it right, so my hair came out orange.



I was terrified while at the salon, because I didn’t want my hair coming out orange. I needed it to be a pretty blonde color for certain reasons. However when the woman said the raid pulled orange, I nearly cried. Back in school we had attempted to do auburn, but it came out orange.  As soon as I went to school the next day, I was already being teased.

Apparently younger kids, at least back when I was in school was no adapted to the idea that you can change the color of your hair. I was mocked every day, and the first name given to me was after someone said,


“Did you dye your pubes too?”


And then another kid said….OMG Fire Crotch…..


I didn’t actually dye my pubic hair. If you look at today’s society, children are dyeing their hair. Just yesterday my 9 year old asked me if she could shave her legs. I about had a heart attack. She said her friend at school dyes her hair, and shaves her legs and arm hair. I hate to say it, but that friend of hers is going to have to shave monkey hair legs, because she hadn’t even hit puberty.


Why is it we follow society?  Why do we feel the need to believe that we aren’t normal, if we don’t follow society’s standards?



The truth is, we are conditioned from an early age to be like everyone else. I thought that we wanted to be different? That not being the same was what made us greater, and special?

<3
khaleesi

No comments:

Post a Comment