Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Even flowers bloom in the dark







 


Trag·e·dy
A dramatic composition, often in verse, dealing with a serious or somber theme, typically that of a great person destined through a flaw of character or conflict with some overpowering force, as fate or society, to downfall or destruction.
2.
The branch of the drama that is concerned with this form of composition.
3.
The art and theory of writing and producing tragedies.
4.
Any literary composition, as a novel, dealing with a somber theme carried to a tragic  conclusion.
5.
The tragic  element of drama, of literature generally, or of life.


Often when people sit down, they tend to drift from topic to topic in a conversation. It is how we connect with people, and gather more information to help us cope with our own issues that we deal with on a day to day basis. Sometimes people get into topics of things that have happened to them.
For Example, when on a date, you end up getting that dreaded question….

WHAT HAPPENED WITH YOUR LAST RELATIONSHIP?

This is the question that EVERYONE dreads on a day. Especially a first date…but when you begin talking about it, that’s when they come back with…OMG you have no idea, like this one ex I had…yadda yadda yadda….It is the my horse is bigger than your horse, and it really is a sympathy tactic, and I feel a pathetic attempt to have someone have pity for you.

Now, everyone. And I don’t care how wealthy or poor you are, has had some type of tragic event in their life that has affected them, changed them…it is inevitable…but that doesn’t mean you can go about and play a pawn to your own pity party. It is fine to talk about it, branch out, and get help if you need it. Find others who have had the same tragic like experiences and connect to help each other. It is by far NOT an excuse to use against someone, nor yourself.
Now I am sure that if you are reading this, or have been an avid reader (thank you fans, I love you all) that you have started to see a change, from the beginning of my blog to now. Heck you have even seen me write about one of my own tragedies.

I bring this up only because I used to use that tragic experience, which still greatly affects me, as an excuse for not living my life. Now it isn’t all flowers and rainbows for me. I am not looking for pity either. I was afraid to try new things, branch out in my sexual manners because of my rape. My attitude changed, and for 10 years I let this and a ton of other things eat at my life…

I refuse to let that happen anymore...

WHEN something goes wrong in your life, embrace it…take it for what it is...if its painful feel it...it wont be there forever, and what hurts you, will make you stronger…If it’s a crime, get your justice, and then move on….but. The most important thing...

DON’T for one second believe that your tragic moment is ever greater then someone else’s. No matter how big. Or how small...

It isn’t a competition….this is life. Have compassion!!!! 

1 comment: