Monday, August 15, 2011

Is it love?




Winter Moonlight
The snow, so peaceful and serene,
caressed by the soft moonlight,
gave magical feelings to the night.
The soft blue glow,
the lovers' words that then did flow,
their lips closer and closer
until, locked in the throes
of a passionate embrace,
he decided to express his feelings,
to keep her safe.
He whispered softly,
his words like music to her ears,
"I Love You,"
and her response the same,
heard like the gentle breeze,
"And I, love you, forever."
That was the night they promised
to be together through everything,
each to care for the other when old and gray.
A lovers' pact
the most likely to last.
- Krista J. Mikula -



Today I want to talk about love. How does it apply to bdsm, and truly what does it mean. Truly you can love the one who owns you? Could the one who owns you, love you in return?


It has been said, in Gor of course

"A man can truly love only that woman," he said, "who is truly his, who belongs to him. Otherwise he is only a part to a contract." "A woman," I said, "can love only that man to whom she truly belongs." "To whom do you truly belong,  Slave?" he asked. "To you, Master,"
page 444, Slave Girl of Gor


If this is true, than no man loves anyone they do NOT own in a collar. Maybe each man can love differently? Can you love your wife, and your submissive differently? Which holds more value?


I bring this up for the mere reason, is because I am sitting here thinking on my past. Someone that I hold dear to me, made a comment to me. Granted it was related to Roleplay, but we have a very close friendship and connection in life outside of roleplay.



Paladin : "It has been 200 years, I am checking to see if that electricity between us has changed."



So, it made me start to think. I have been with a few men, Master's and some not. Truth is, despite ALL of my issues, all my problems, all my changing he has ALWAYS been at my side. We fight ALL the time, sometimes we dont talk for months, but inevitablly he is there.



Is that love? Can I love him, and love others differently? Truth is, I have the biggest passion for this man. I serve him in ways I have never served anyone. Granted I want to be with him, and our lives are driven apart right now, but I mean seriously.



I have been with others, and I love them. (granted I say love, because no matter what I love them) but have I truly been in love with them? My heart aches for one person only. I know that. I know my heart was taken a long time ago, and I dont want it back. I am happy with where my heart is. I know it wont be truly hurt, it will be embraced and cherished.



It gets lonely at times, it gets hard, and yes I can go be with someone new, and fall in love with them, but truth is. To what extent. I believe, and I truly say this, that we love differently. Granted we have only one actual heart in our bodies, but the truth is on an emotional level, I believe we possess layers. Each time we get hurt, a new layer comes out, almost like a clean slate. Out bottom layer is damaged, so you can feel it through the new one. However it is a start to love someone new.



Think of it like a cake. The bottom layer gets baked, and set to cool. After that, a new layer is added, and then another and another. Eventually if you get to high, you will see it leaning, or cracking. The point is,  ALL the layers feel the one before. It is why you cant forget a past love, or why you cling to the hurt.



So yes, I have been in love with many people, but I can admit that I fell out of love. I simply just love them, despite them hurting me. Truly though, my heart beats for one person, and I only know who that one person is. It is knowledge that I hold dear, and I am proud of.



Does it mean I love the next less?? No..just means I love them differently.



Can I love my Master, (when I find the right one) yes, as I am required too, but once trust is established, love is easy to follow.



How many people have you loved??? Did you love them all the same???




You know you are in love
when you see the world in her eyes,
and her eyes everywhere in the world.
- David Levesque -

No comments:

Post a Comment