Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Olni Class 7 Make up HW



Reading the log of this class made me think back about a dance competition I hosted, on my old sim called the Gorean Sanctuary. I didn’t dance that day, I was simply a host, and I had judges from off sim, and made sure none of their slaves were dancing. I wish I had this knowledge when I first started hosting dance competitions.

I never thought of finding judges who were knowledgeable on gorean dances. I didn’t have anyone to help me plan score cards, and I just took it from a whim, and wrote one myself. It was a simple one, but seeing the different criteria I realized how botched I was at hosting.  I enjoy judging competitions myself personally, and having knowledge about cache the animations, help a lot. I was always wondering why it did that.

I do agree with the fact that even if you don’t get the place you get, or feel you deserve you should never openly complain about it. Instead rejoice in the fact you got the chance to dance, to get your story out there, and just have fun with it. Even if you aim to win, your first thought should be about pleasing the free with your dance.

I do feel that when it comes to judges, it doesn’t matter if it’s a free woman, or a free man. It shouldn’t matter either, if you made them upset. A judge should never hold a grudge to you, during a competition. Upset or not, a judge should remain unbiased at all times, leaving personal issues outside, because it doesn’t concern the dance in question.

Giving music to Dj’s sometimes worries me. I know personally I enjoy my music, and I work hard looking for songs to dance too that inspire me. I really don’t want other people using my music, in a way I am selfish like that.

Over all, I say just take a breath, and know no matter what, don’t stop your dance, just dance because it’s in your heart. It doesn’t matter what place you get during a competition, if a judge scores you wrong simply because they have had, a bad day. Dance because you want to dance, not because you want to win!

No comments:

Post a Comment